Vintage - 1950s - New Look -Mollie Parnis party dress
Early 1950's 'Dior New Look' style - inky black - lightweight silk taffeta party dress - with precision smocking design element - by couture designer Mollie Parnis. Near Mint Condition!
Features flattering deep V-neckline, precision smocked empire bodice that continues down into the clasic full skirt. Elegant tea length hem. Original side metal zipper. Discreet bra strap holders on each shoulder. (modeled with crinoline worn underneath - not included)
black lightweight silk taffeta
Near Mint (see condition chart below). Slight signs of wear in the underarm areas.
The dress is close to a modern US size 4 but please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
Bust: gathered fabric design allows for flexible sizing 34-38"
Total Length: 45" (from shoulder to hem)
Hemline: 1.5" (could be let out to lengthen the dress)
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.