1950s does 1920s black fringe mini dress
1950s does 1920s
Perfect for a flapper costume or just a night on the town
A real vintage fixer-upper. This sexy little party dress was in rough shape when I found her - torn seams, ripped zipper, small burn hole etc etc... (see final pics in slides above for "BEFORE" images). But a little TLC brought her back to life. No label unfortunately, on this one. But guessing by some of the construction details, I’d say she's from the mid 1950s.
Features the original left side metal zipper. 8 tiers of black fringe that wrap all the way around the front and back.
Inky black silk taffeta
After repairs, she is in good to very good condition (see condition chart below). There are some small gaps in the fringe rows at the left side seam, near the zipper (see 6th pic in slides above). There is also a small patch on the back of the dress from where I repaired a dime-sized hole (see 7th pic in slides above). But as you can see from the video, neither are noticeable while wearing.
The dress is close to a modern US size 4 but please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
(taken while dress was laying flat)
Total Length: 34.5" (from shoulder to hem)
Hemline: 4" (could be let out to lengthen the dress)
- Returns are accepted on this item.
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.