1970s Gingham and Florals Prom dress
Flowy flounces and florals flawlessly fuse in this fun and fresh feminine frock.
This ethereal 1970s maxi would make a perfectly soft and sweet prom dress for a vintage loving ingenue. And yet it's equally appropriate for a romantic Springtime picnic, or simply for frolicing through a field of daffodils.
Featuring a cotton base of charming blue gigham overlaid with dreamy floral printed chiffon . A super flattering empire waist, accentuated by a removeable moss green, crushed velvet bow and sash - attached with delicate hand-sewn snaps. Topped with a flirty ruffle flounce that embellishes the entire top edge of the dress. And a slight mermaid flare at the bottom hem gives the wearer the appearance of literally floating on air.
With a hidden back center zipper and delicate spaghetti straps, this dress looks to be home made by a very skilled seamstress, and is in amazing condition! (see final pics above for a few tiny signs of age - none visable while wearing).
No label but my best guess:
cotton blue gigham base
poly chiffon overlay
and poly crushed velvet sash
Near Mint vintage condition
(see condition chart below).
No label. Closest to a modern US size 2-4, but please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
Total Length: 57"
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.