1960s Robby Len Bright Pink "Surfer Suit" Swimsuit
Part Marilyn, part Gidget. Part bathing suit, part minidress.
This sporty little 1960s "surf suit" from Robby Len Fashions is as feminine and flirty as it is young and adorable. Made out of 100% stretch nylon, with the iconic white cording detail, the fabric and cut make this suit practical and comfortable while also extremely figure flattering. Catch some waves, toss around the volleyball, get down to some far out tunes or just hang loose with the gang while you soak up some rays. This suit is the perfect piece for summer beach party fun!
Featuring figure enhancing curved princess seams to elongate and slim the waist line, built in supportive shelf bra and shaping cups, as well as a ruched front overskirt to compliment the curves of the hips, decorated with two adorable faux ties on either side of the skirt. This particular line of swimwear allowed for customers to purchase patented "Shape-Lee" snap-in bra inserts separately, to help them fully attain their desired silhouette. (Unfortunately this suit did not come with said inserts).
The coveted ILGWU Union made label is present - a great indication of the craftsmanship and quality of the piece. Union made garments consistantly stand the test of time.
100% Stretch Nylon
Excellent to Near Mint vintage condition (see condition chart below) There looks to be a small length of stitches that was previously mended underneath one of the armholes (pictured above). There is also some slight fraying of the tags but other than that, the suit is in incredible shape
Labeled vintage size 15/16 which is about the equivalent of a modern US size 10/12. But please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
Bust: up to 40"
Waist: up to 32"
Hips: up to 42"
Total Length: 25"
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.