Early 1960s Gold Beaded Dance Crop Top
Glowing, Glittering, 100% Pure Gold!
The pictures really don't do this piece justice. The "shine factor" is absolutely stunning in real life! This versatile little crop top will quickly become a staple in your wardrobe! So many ways to rock it! Pair it with a sexy pencil skirt or drape it over the top of a slinky black slip dress and you have a perfect holiday party outfit! Rock it with some rolled up cigarette jeans and white keds for a summer retro casual look. Can be worn frontwards or backwards (a unique feature - the label is actually sewn on the inside front of this garment, not the back). Dark amber beads swirl around the entire piece, front and back. And beautiful and durable, gold metallic lace – made of actual woven metal threads – trims the bottom edge. Originally produced by Heléne of Arkansas - whose shop can still be found at the address embroidered on the label in Fort Smith, AK. Heléne was known for creating high quality bridal and prom formal attire (and even nightclub costumes). These garments are built to last! This piece in in Excellent to Near Mint Condition. She has been deep cleaned. No tears. No stains or discoloration. There is a very small area on the side seam where a few of the amber colored beads were lost (see pic above)
(sorry. skirt not for sale)
Not labeled, but best guess is metallic silk with poly lining
Excellent to near mint (see condition chart below).
The signature 1960s boxy shape gives the illusion that this piece could fit a much bigger size. However, there are no zippers or clasps - the top is one solid piece. Therefore, it must be slipped on over the head and shoulders. Because of this, I wouldn’t recommend for any sizes above a US 2-4, But please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
Measurements (taken laying flat)
Total Length: 13" (from shoulder to hem)
Bottom edge width (to be compared with wearer's shoulder width to ensure the piece can slip over the head): 16
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.