Early 1960s Bright Yellow Catalina Knit Bathing Suit and Cover Up Set
Lovely things happen to you in a Catalina!
This adorable early 1960s bright yellow ray-of-sunshine-in-bathing-suit-form, with matching mesh polka dot cover from Catalina Swimwear is the epitome of vintage summer beach style!
Figure flattering skirted-style maillot, naturally elongates the body and slims the hips while the built-in molded cups give you that classic vintage shape! Adjustable button straps with all the original vintage buttons - including two beautiful gold metal half ball buttons on the front.
This piece is super unique featuring a criss-cross knit shirring pattern made of soft, lightweight wool/nylon blend yarn. Thicker than modern swimwear fabrics, this style provides more structure and shaping qualities, while still being lightweight enough to feel incredibly plush and comfortable to wear.
The baby doll style polka dotted mesh cover up is an amazing find on its own! Most likely from the 1970s, this sweet and feminine beach jacket has a half panel of pearlized buttons down the front. Perfect vintage set!
Suit - Not labeled but most likely wool/nylon blend
Cover up - Not labeled but most likely acetate rayon/nylon blend
Suit - Near Mint Condition (see condition chart below). Some minor runs in the inner crotch lining of the suit, which I have reinforced with a bit of liquid stitch to prevent further running (see pics above). Original gold buttons have a slight bit of wear on them. No holes or stains.
Cover up - Mint Condition. Absolutely pristine!
Neither labeled. I would say best for a modern US size 6-10 but please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
Suit Measurements :
Cup: B or C
Hips: up to 36-41"
Total Length (from top of bust to bottom hem line): 22"
Cover up Measurements:
Bust (when fully buttoned): up to 40"
Sleeve length: 21"
Sleeve width: 14" around bicep
Total Length: 26"
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.