1980s does 1940s A.J. Bari Sequin Tropical Print Dress
Maybe it's the warm weather rolling in, or the fact that covid restrictions are starting to loosen, but lately I have had major vacation brain! Daydreaming of beach hair, sun-kissed skin, tropical drinks and tropical prints!
This absolutely stunning 1980s cocktail dress from designer Kay Unger under the A.J. Bari label, is a modernized take on the classic tiki dresses of the 1940s - when Hawaiian and Polynesian prints were the epitome of glamorous resort fashion. The big, bold tropical print in beautiful bright jewel tones, accentuated with meticulously placed sequins and beading that make this piece absolutely SPARKLE in the sunlight! Ugh! She is positively dazzling!
Sadly, this dress is slightly too big for me - which is why I have it cinched with a fabulous gold belt in the pics above (belt not for sale). But trust that if that weren't the case, this piece would be staying in my personal collection! Honestly, I'm regretting listing it already!
Mint vintage condition (see condition chart below).
US size 8, please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
Total Length: 37"
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.