1980s does 1950s White Cotton Pullover Apron Sundress
Let the season of the sundress begin!
This darling 1980s does 1950s handmade, white cotton, pullover style sundress is PERFECT for a summer picnic in the park! Lightweight, sheer and airy, she is gorgeous worn on her own, with a slip underneath (depending on the wearer's modesty preference), or fluffed up with a 1950s style petticoat. Such a versatile little piece!
(petticoat not included)
Featuring FOUR LARGE POCKETS!!! How amazing is that!?! Two interior pockets on the side seams and then two apron style pockets adorned with the sweetest little bows. As stated, this is a pullover style dress. It slips on with ease and secures with two little buttons at the shoulders - a popular style in the 50s that made a strong comeback in the 80s. She also has an elastic waistband, providing comfort and sizing flexibility. This also gives a the piece a flattering blouson effect. If you prefer a more classic 1950s silouhette, simply add belt to cinch the waist and get that vintage wasp waist look.
Excellent to Near Mint vintage condition (see condition chart below). There is the very slightest bit of natural pilling on the surface of the piece. Which is to be expected with vintage cotton. It does not affect the integrity of the fiber and is extremely unnoticeable. The piece is handmade and all of the interior seams are in good shape and have been pinked to prevent fraying.
Not labeled, but because of the elastic waist, free hips and shoulder-button closeure, I feel this could fit anyone between US size 2 - 10 (possibly even 12). Please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
Bust: up to 37"
Waist: up to 31"
Total Length: 43"
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.