1950s Cole of California Hawaiian Floral Print Sarong Bathing Suit
Grab your surf board and ukulele! This stunning 1950s sarong style swimsuit from Cole of California, in a hard to find tropical floral print, will make all your Hawaiian vacay dreams to come true!
The US fashion world went "tiki crazy" for everything Hawaiian/Polynesian starting in the 1930s with elements of the trend lasting well into the 60s.
Featuring a figure-flattering skirted bottom, built-in molded bra cups for that classic vintage shape. Contouring draping to shrink the waist, and a sarong style faux side tie. Multiple button holes on the straps allow for adjustable lengths and for the suit to be worn a variety ways - straight, criss-crossed, or tied behind the neck in a halter style. The straps can be secured in the back using the original lucite fisheye buttons. Original metal zipper up the center back with a cotton snap panel, signature of the time.
Really unique material, in a beautiful muted chartreuse/pear color with white floral print. Most likely a stretch nylon blend, in what can best be described as an almost lace-like, burn out brocade.
Not labeled but most likely stretch nylon
Near Mint condition (see condition chart below). A bit of fraying of the tag, and very small bit of wear in the inner crotch lining of the suit. I have reinforced the spot with a bit of liquid stitch to prevent further running (see pic above). No holes or stains.
Not labeled. I would say best for a modern US size 6-8 but please see measurements below for an accurate fit.
Cup: B or C
Waist: 25-40" (because of draping and tie)
Total Length (from shoulder to bottom hem line): 28"
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.