1970s CottageCore Floral Prairie Dress
A #Cottagecore lover's dream! Soft and feminine with the sweetest little florals and swiss dots pattern. This romantic sundress has that quinesstial 1970s Gunne Saxe aesthetic, with its high neckline, over-sized sleeves, pleated front and tie waist. On the farm, or in the city, this amazing little prairie dress is a versatile addition to the boho fashionista's wardrobe.
Truly a one of a kind, vintage piece. Most likely made by a very skilled at-home seamstress. The craftsmanship is stellar - from the hand stitched hem, to the ample seam allowance (a courtesy you rarely if ever see in modern pieces). The piece is in amazing condition! Looks as though it's never been worn.
No label. But looks and feels to be polyester crepe
Mint (see condition chart below).
Sizing and fit notes
No label, but lots of flexibility in sizing due to the pleats at the bust, tie waist and oversized sleeves. There are also 3 small snaps at the back of the dress to allow for more room as it slips over your head. And snap closures at the wrists which can be worn unfastened if needed. Because of these factors, I would say this dress could fit anywhere between a modern women's US sizes 4 to 8, possibly even up to size 10 or 12, but please see measurements below for an accurate fit, especially shoulder measurement.
Shoulders: 15-17" (fastened vs unfastened)
Bust: up to 42" (because of pleats)
Waist: up to 40" (ties to fit)
Bicep: 15" circ.
Wrist: 8-10" (fastened vs unfastened)
Total Length: 42"
- Returns are accepted on this item
- Refund will be given less a 20% restocking fee. Refunds will not be given for shipping or return shipping
- Returns must be shipped back in the same condition as they were received. Any/all accessories, and packaging must be included and any original hang tags must be attached.
- Deadstock or NOS- Vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. These items may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage, visible flaws will be noted.
- Mint- Pristine as the day it was made, shows no signs of wear.
- Near Mint- Item shows only the slightest signs of wear.
- Excellent- Item shows typical signs of wear due to occasional use.
- Very Good- Item is wearable, but has some surface flaws such as fading or staining.
- Good- Item is wearable, but cannot be returned to excellent condition even with repairs.
- Fair- Item is barely wearable, could be used for a costume or as a project piece.
- Poor- Item is not wearable and could only be used for repurposing or a pattern.